Is your child over the top with excitement about their Loog guitar? Do you want them to have fun learning and ensure they get a strong start in their musical development at the same time? This is a great class for motivated young musicians to learn the fundamentals of music on their Loog guitar. It’s designed for children ages 6 to 10 who have the attention span for a 30-minute class. Younger kids are welcome at their parents’ discretion.
Strap (if you don’t have an actual guitar strap, a comfortable string or long cloth strip attached to the strap pegs will work)
Loog app for tuning
No playing experience required. This class is designed for brand new beginners.
Each class will last thirty minutes. Students are encouraged to send the instructor videos of class songs between sessions to get feedback on their playing. Students and parents are encouraged to ask questions in our forum discussion here.
Maximum of 20 enrollments
Parents, please plan to be present during the entire first class. For subsequent classes, mature students may be able to handle attending the class independently. Other children may need parental assistance throughout the entire course.
- - Learn basics of Loog guitar such as tuning, correct guitar posture, and the names of the open strings
- - Explore basic rhythmic values of whole notes, half notes, and quarter notes
- - Learn the six natural notes in first position
- - Learn how to strum simple chords
- - Play simple songs using these notes and chords
- - Develop correct practice habits that are critical for musical growth and improvement
- - Learn fundamentals of music that will apply to future music study on any instrument
- - Enjoy learning music with enthusiastic Loog students all over the world!